Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Grazing Basket full of goodies & Meals Prepared - On The Road Again!!!!

Tomorrow Bonnie and I will be heading to Iowa to spend a couple of days with Jean and Jerry. I decided I needed to do something to serve my sister so I have fixed food for a lunch meal, and two dinner meals and of course snacks in between ..... as we talk and laugh and "remember when."
Jean has told me many times that as the oldest (she was nine when I was born) she was elected to give me my Saturday Night bath, which, by the way was the only bath we got every week. Mom heated the water on the wood burning stove, poured in into a big galvinized tub in the middle of the kitchen floor and - wa la - we all got a bath. Jean also made sure that I got dressed every morning and got my p.j.'s on every night - soooooooo - it's probably time for me to do something to serve her, don't you think?
Darn I wish I could post some pictures of the goodies I have fixed! Oh well trust me we'll devour them all I'm sure!

3 comments:

  1. How was your visit? Are you back home now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo - thanks for checking out my blog - can't wait to have Judy come this weekend so we can figure out the picture downloading thing so I can't get back to blogging. I am home and Bonnie and I had a great time - put almost 5,000 miles on my car!!!!!
    Love you Gam Gam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey grams weres your blogging been! I miss you and seeing your wonderful adventures!

    ReplyDelete