Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The NEW - The OLD - and The ANCIENT

Life is like a refrigerator - what you ask? - Gam Gam is going crazy - or maybe she  already HAS!!!!!  Now wait a minute, let me explain - I just purchased a NEW refrigerator - got rid of the OLD refrigerator - am thankful for the ANCIENT refrigerator (that has lived down in the garage for many years).  For over a week now I have been running up and down the steps to the basement to get things to eat out of my ANCIENT  "friend" which was purchased back in the 80's by my father and mother in law, and was hauled all the way from California to the Lake  House,  AND it works "JUST FINE" - in fact it says to me everytime I open it "I'm Fine" (does that sound familiar to any of you)?   There is nothing wrong with it and it is refusing to "give up the ghost" as the saying goes.  I love the determination of this ANCIENT "friend."  So I am asking you all to look at these three refrigerators and vote on the one which you think I want to be like .......
                                                                   The NEW

                                                                    The OLD

                                                                 The ANCIENT

5 comments:

  1. oh grandma

    cant wait to see you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to see you also - praying for you this week! Thanks for checking out my blog!!!!
    Grams

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are totally the "new" up to date, slick and modern kind of gal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are just FINE FINE FINE as the ancient model.... you never never quit working and you say every time we talk to you "I am FINE" Yes you are JUST FINE!!! We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy and Lori - love your comments - I'm thinking I'm like all three of them, I'm old, want to stay new and "updated" - like blogging and texting!!!!! AND I want to be "JUST FINE" when I get to be "ancient". I am blessed - and by the way - love my NEW frig!!!!

    ReplyDelete